Working in collaboration with the organizations listed below has provided Ken Cook Co. with the ability to define, address and influence the important issues facing marine manufacturers today. Association memberships are essential for keeping up-to-date on new legislation affecting our partner companies and for addressing the latest developments within the industry.
Creating World Class Owner Manuals requires the support and collaboration of many individuals. All of Ken Cook Co. boat books and marine manuals reflect the latest information on safety and other emerging issues that affect marine manufacturers, marine retailers, boat owners and the marine industry as a whole.
Ken Cook Co. is proud of its membership and support of the following organizations:
- ABYC: American Boat & Yacht Council is a not-for-profit membership organization that has been developing and updating the safety standards for boat building and repair for over 50 years. ABYC is actively involved with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and is a leader in education for the marine industry, as well as certification programs for marine technicians. www.abycinc.org
- WSIA: The Water Sports Industry Association provides visionary leadership to increase participation in water sports and to supply members with education and legislative action. WSIA committees found agencies to test product standards and developed the warning labels and owner’s manuals that the watersports industry still uses today. www.wsia.net
- NMMA: The National Marine Manufacturers Association was formed in 1979 through a merger between the Boating Industry Association of Chicago (BIA) and the National Association of Engine & Boat Manufacturers of New York (NAEBM). Roots of this non-profit Association can be traced to 1904 when NAEBM was founded. An estimated 80 percent of marine products used in North America are produced by NMMA members. www.nmma.org
- NASM: National Association of Service Managers is the oldest professional nonprofit association of product service executives in the United States, founded when service techniques were just beginning to be highly recognized as a sales and marketing tool. NASM is dedicated to providing professional leadership and education to the service executive, while developing their managerial expertise in the business and organizations that they represent. www.nasm.com
- STC: The Society for Technical Communication seeks to advance the arts and sciences of technical communication, promote awareness of the latest trends and technology in the field, and provide innovative services for the education and professional development of its members. www.stc.org